Schools recognize Franklin County Board of Education
Principals and student ambassadors from Tharptown and Belgreen thanked the members of the Franklin County Board of Education during their Jan. 19 meeting, in recognition of Alabama’s 30th annual School Board Member Recognition Month.
- Principal Molly King, along with student Joey Wilcox, represented Tharptown Elementary School. Wilcox read the school’s acknowledgement and presented the board members with a small token of appreciation.
- Principal Bart Moss, along with students Jacie Harris, Abigail Strickland and Maddie Harris, represented Tharptown High School. Moss addressed the board and superintendent, thanking them.
- Students Samuel Darracott, Betsayda Ordonez, Caitlyn Oliver, Natalie Campos-Willingham, Lindsay Everett, Laura Beth Seal, Ty Hamilton, Carter Raney and Braden Messer represented Belgreen High School.
In business actions, the board approved:
- Mileage rate reimbursement paid to individuals traveling in privately-owned vehicles on official business from 62.5 cents per mile to 65.5 cents per mile, effective Jan. 1, 2023.
- Compensation agreement paying Sherry Smith, yearbook sponsor at East Franklin Junior High School, $900 in compensation for yearbook supplement for the 2021-2022 year only, per recommendation by EFJHS Principal Leann Trapp. EFJH will reimburse the board the $900, plus applicable benefits.
- Members of the Textbook Committee for Architecture and Construction and Distribution & Logistics: Paul Humphres, Steve Watts, Todd Johnson, Lori Hardin and Jonathan King.
- Teacher Excellence and Accountability for Mathematics and Science (TEAMS) contract:
Advanced Contract: Five years, 2023-2027, Red Bay School, Teresa Strickland.
The next meeting of the Franklin County Board of Education is scheduled for Feb. 28, with the work session at 5 p.m., and the board meeting immediately following.