Why I Love Franklin County: Kim Clonts
Kim Clonts is the daughter of Edward and Joann Stanley and is married to Steve Clonts, a sales representative. The Russellville High School and University of Alabama graduate holds a Bachelor of Arts in communications and was a Crimsonette, Miss University of Alabama and second-runner-up Miss Alabama. A Franklin County native, she has three fur babies, Lilly, Maggie and Albert.
1. What is your job title, and what does your work entail?
I am the office manager for the Franklin County Highway Department. I handle day-to-day operations, from purchasing and payroll to work orders and citizen complaints.
2. What do you enjoy about your job?
I dearly love my coworkers, and I have worked with some incredibly smart people who also love to serve the people of Franklin County. We have been through a lot together with tornadoes, flooding, ice and budget crunches – but everyone comes together and works hard, sometimes putting their own lives in jeopardy to secure roads.
3. What is your favorite place to visit in Franklin County?
The beautiful lakes.
4. What are your favorite Franklin County restaurants?
El Patron, Doe’s, 43 Grill, Daily Bread, Frosty Inn and Pilgrims. I love patronizing local restaurants, and I have a favorite food at each one.
5. Why do you love Franklin County?
1. Favorite hobby: Antiquing
2. Favorite food: Anything sweet!
3. Goal or ambition: To be a good wife, daughter and friend and to serve our community well.
4. Church: Russellville First Baptist Church
5. Something people might not know about me is: I am one of the lead singers for the band Rewind of the Shoals. I have sung professionally for 22 years and the past 14 with Rewind. Rewind is a family with amazing talent, and we have a lot of fun!