Russellville approves RPD vehicles, alcohol license
During its regular meeting July 5, the Russellville City Council approved purchasing new police vehicles and approved an alcohol license for a local business.
The council accepted the lowest bid received for the purchase of eight 2021 Dodge Durango Pursuit vehicles for the Russellville Police Department – $40,755.99 per unit for a total of $326,047.92.
The council held a public hearing to solicit citizen input concerning the application for an alcohol license for beer and wine wholesale, received from Adams Beverages, 100 Commerce St., Muscle Shoals. Adams Beverages bought out Shoals Distributing.
Nobody spoke for or against, and the council approved a resolution authorizing the issuance of said requested alcohol license.
The council also approved:
- A resolution for Jamie Medley to use part of the city right-of-way to access property he owns.
- Construction contract change order No. 3 with Garver for the Russellville Municipal Airport. The original contract amount was $3,271,908.94 with an under run of $69,082.91, bringing the new contract amount to $3,202,841.49. It also includes a $15.46 previously approved changed amount.
- Promotion of John Williams to heavy equipment operator II in the Russellville Street Department.
- Letter of resignation from Sgt. Craig Bullion in the Russellville Police Department.
- Declaration of a vacancy for patrol officer in the RPD and authorization to extend the job application deadline to July 11.
The next regular council meeting will be July 18.