County votes in primary runoff
In Franklin County, out of 19,258 registered voters, 13 percent – 2,514 – took part in the primary run–off election June 21.
There were no provisional votes.
Unofficial results include:
- For governor, Yolanda Rochelle Flowers received 32 votes, and Malika Sanders Fortier received 27 votes in Franklin County. Flowers received 32,444 votes statewide to Malika Sanders Fortier’s 26,400.
- For United States senator, Katie Britt received 1,718 votes, 70.41 percent, to Mo Brooks’ 722 in the county. Statewide, Britt received 252,939 votes, 63.02 percent, to Brooks’ 148,431.
- For secretary of state, Wes Allen triumphed with 69.12 percent of the vote, 1,607 votes, while opponent Jim Zeigler received 718 in the county. Allen took the state with 247,842 votes, 65.38 percent, while Zeigler received 131,234 votes.
- For state auditor, Franklin County voted for Andrew Sorrell, 1,537 votes, 68.34 percent, over Stan Cooke with 712, votes. In the state, Andrew Sorrell received 205,006 votes to Cooke’s 151,815.
- For public service commission, Place No. 1, Jeremy H. Oden received 1,171 votes, 56.46 percent, and Brent Woodall received 903 votes, 43.54 percent, in Franklin. Statewide, Oden tallied 175,642 votes versus Woodall’s 160,040.
- For public service commission, Place No. 2, Chip Beeker received 1,288 votes, and Robert L. McCollum received 785 from county voters. Statewide, Beeker received 215,132 votes to McCollum’s 124,992.
Unofficial state-wide primary runoff election voting results are according to the Alabama Secretary of State’s office, www.sos.alabama.gov/alabama-votes.
The website reports the following for state-wide participation:
- Total Ballots Cast: 464,715
- Total Registered Voters: 3,647,310
- Voter Turnout: 12.74 percent
- Counties Reporting: 67 of 67