10 ways children can enjoy gardening
Courtesy of the Franklin County Cooperative Extension
Children learn concepts of math and science through gardening, which helps build self-confidence and responsibility. This spring, consider planting the seeds to grow an interest in gardening with one of these ideas:
- Read gardening-related books together.
- Allow them to explore container gardening.
- Let them plant flowers or vegetables.
- Let them water plants.
- Allow them to pick flowers or vegetables and give to the elderly.
- Allow them to make flower arrangements.
- Enter flowers and vegetables in local contests.
- Invest in garden tools for them.
- Allow them to learn about different garden bugs and soil.
- Let them join 4-H by calling 256-332-8880 to speak to Austin Blankenship, 4-H Foundation Regional Extension Agent, so they can learn about other gardening programs such as 4-H Grows.