Wedding story: Taylor and Zack Clark
Taylor is from Russellville, and Zack is from Ethel, Miss. The happy couple now resides in Oxford, Miss., following their June 5, 2021, wedding.
1. HOW WE MET: Taylor and Zack met at a camp called Central Hills Baptist Retreat, located in Kosciusko, Miss., in summer 2016. They were both counselors on staff there. They were just friends, but Zack often jokes he had a huge crush on Taylor. It wasn’t until summer 2018 that they fell for each other. Zack asked Taylor on a date to hang out at his house, and she said yes.
2. FIRST DATE: Their first date was a breath of fresh air for both of them. They had a long, deep talk after stopping at Sonic, and Zack kissed Taylor – then said, shocked and excited, “I just kissed Taylor Hollimon!”
3. WHAT WE LOVE: Zack loves how he can be himself around Taylor, and he adores her long legs. Taylor loves how kind Zack is to her and how he frequently lets her know how important she is to him. She said she gets lost in his blue eyes.
4. THE PROPOSAL: Zach proposed Nov. 8, 2020, and he was so nervous to ask Taylor to marry him because he wanted everything to be perfect. It was the most beautiful fall day, with the leaves changing colors and the perfect weather. Zack asked his dad to build an easel, and his mom painted these words on a wooden board: PAST (Every minute from then to now), PRESENT (I have LOVED you always), FUTURE (Now I want ALWAYS to be FOREVER). When Taylor turned around, Zack was on one knee in his front yard. Zack also surprised her with some of their families waiting to celebrate with them.
5. THE WEDDING: June 5, 2021, at The Givens House at Glenn Hill in Town Creek
The wedding colors were light pink – Taylor’s favorite color – along with wisteria purple and light blue, with accents of gold. Taylor’s inspiration was a wildflower, enchanted, fairytale wedding. She wanted something different, yet classic and timeless. The ceremony was held in the little white chapel, and the reception was outside in the back under the fairy lights on a summer night.
6. FAVORITE MOMENT: Taylor said it was hard to choose one moment out from the day, but her favorite was the first look with Zack. She described it as a magical moment between the two of them, and their corgi Winston even came out to join in. They both shed a few happy tears.
Venue: The Givens House at Glenn Hill, Town Creek
Catering: Whole Hog Express, Leighton
Wedding planner: Bernice Givens and Charlotte Seay
Florist: Bernice Givens
Videographer: Blake Henn, Eleven9 Media
Photographer: April Warhurst, Bluebird Redbirds
Wedding dress: David’s Bridal and Sonya Seay Campbell
Bridesmaid dresses: Azazie
Hair and makeup: Allie Syphrit and Lauren Mott
Men’s attire: Claude Julian’s
Music: Chris Boatwright with DJ Boat
Favors and gifts: Tish Hollimon, Carolyn Clark and Jennifer McCalpin
Rentals and decor: Carolyn Clark and Bernice Givens
Cakes: Samantha Montgomery, The Mustard Seed Bakery
Officiant: Shane Thrash – Taylor and Zack’s “camp boss”