NW-SCC to host three COVID-19 vaccine clinics in October
Northwest-Shoals Community College will host COVID-19 vaccine clinics this month.
Clinics will be offered Oct. 5, 14 and 19 in the Patriot Center gym on the Shoals campus from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. The clinics will administer first and second vaccine doses as well as the booster dose vaccine to those eligible.
The clinics will be administered by Helen Keller Hospital and will be open to NW-SCC students, faculty and staff, as well as the public, and will be free of charge. Appointments may be made through the following links:
- Oct. 5 – https://forms.gle/xkqVYtC4hDKjm6CS8
- Oct. 14 – https://forms.gle/foJDQ5mL7W2EzceS8
- Oct. 19 – https://forms.gle/JJUt9FL7QpCkuFmb7
Additionally, walk-ins are welcome and will be seen on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Face coverings must be worn.
Participants 12 and older will receive the Pfizer vaccine. Because of vaccination age restrictions, participants 12-13 years of age must be accompanied by a parent/guardian to receive the vaccine.
Booster dose vaccines will be given to these eligible people who completed the primary series at least six months ago or longer:
- Individuals 65 and older.
- Individuals 18-64 at high risk of severe COVID-19.
- Individuals 18-64 whose frequent institutional or occupational exposure to SARS-CoV-2 puts them at high risk of serious complications of COVID-19, including severe COVID-19.
For more information, visit nwscc.edu or call 256-386-4747.