Why I Love Franklin County
Charlie Nelson graduated from Russellville High School in 2006 and now works at Tiffin Motorhomes. The Franklin County native is in human resources at the Red Bay company.
1. What does your work at Tiffin Motorhomes entail?
I tell myself I have 1,100 brothers and sisters to keep up with on a daily basis, jokingly. My primary role involves keeping time, maintaining records, carrying out procedures and preparing a variety of complex documents.
2. What do you enjoy about your job?
I chose this job because I love people. Being in HR, you deal with a variety of individuals, and I simply love it because everyone is different in their own way. It means a lot to be able to help someone, and in this position, you get many questions on a daily basis. I’ve always said treating others with respect and helping them is the main purpose of my job.
3. What is your favorite place to visit in Franklin County?
I love our whole county; it’s very dear to me. I know many people throughout the whole county. I guess my favorite place is Golden Tiger Stadium when I am running. I have spent many Friday nights there watching Russellville play football, and it takes me back to my school days.
4. What are your favorite Franklin County restaurants, and what do you like about them?
Frosty Inn has the best banana split in the world! Swamp John’s is just good ol’ country cooking at its best.
5. Why do you love Franklin County?
I love this place because it’s my home of 33 years. The fact that I can go to Walmart or any other local place and have someone call me by name and stand and talk for awhile just means the world to me. But I like to talk, and I like people, so that why I like small-town life.
1. Favorite hobbies: Running, basketball and car shopping
2. Favorite food: Smoked chicken
3. Goal or ambition: To own a funeral home in Franklin County
4. Church: Church of Christ
5. Something people might not know about me is: Andy Griffith is my favorite TV show