Letter to the Editor: ‘We have been able to raise $118,000’ for children
The Eldridge Toy Run Coordinators Committee would like to take time to thank everyone who took part in this year’s event.
2020 was a tough year, and the unknowns have produced new challenges for everyone.
This year’s event was one that almost didn’t happen, but thanks to a lot of hard work and many prayers, Dec. 5, 2020, was a day many will forever remember.
Riders arrived from all over the Southeast to show their support for the children at the Alabama Free Will Baptist Children’s Home, who stood at a distance and waved to welcome the motorcycle riders and classic and antique cars to the Eldridge Children’s Home. Everyone gathered outside, visited, gave gifts, enjoyed a meal together and shared their time, their donations and their hearts with the children and staff of the home.
Each child living in the home received Christmas gifts and was able to visit with their sponsors; even those children who were under quarantine were able to sit outside and open their gifts while their sponsors watched from a distance.
Smiles and laughter were shared that day, and tears were shed together.
We are pleased to announce that a new record has been broken, despite the COVID-19 pandemic, through the hard work of our volunteers; the generosity of our donors and sponsors; and the blood, sweat and tears that have been shed in the effort to make this event happen during such trying times.
The total amount raised as of the day of the event was more than $105,000! To date, we have been able to raise $118,000 to benefit the Alabama Free Will Baptist Children’s Home located in Eldridge.
None of this would have been possible without donations received from our Golden Sponsors:
- Nick’s Kids Foundation – Tuscaloosa
- John and Charlene Powell – Stecoah, N.C.
- City Cleaners – Hamilton
- Tony Terry – Northport
- Fontaine Fabrication – Haleyville
- 8-Ball Memorial Ride – Amory, Miss.
- New Hope Baptist – Haleyville
- Scott Frederick – Haleyville
- Alabama Division of the Sons of Confederate Veterans
- Winston County Grays – Haleyville
- Paul Faucett Logging – Winfield
- Gintown Lowlife Society – Birmingham
- Wal-Mart Foundation #409 – Haleyville
- Luke Bozeman – Millport
- Ricky Grace – Jasper
- Eddie Lindsey – Winfield
- Trinity Assembly of God – Red Bay
- West Alabama Raised Riders – Fayette
- Jasper Men’s Chorale – Jasper
- Warrior Roofing (Duane Cunningham) – Tuscaloosa
- Jenny Brooks Johnson Order of Confederate Rose, Chapter 18
- E-Z Mart/Navaho Gas – Haleyville
- Frank Collins – Berry
Thanks to everyone involved! Without you, none of this would have been made possible.
Most of all, we thank God for what He is doing in the lives of these children at the Alabama Free Will Baptist Children’s Home.
The Eldridge Toy Run Coordinators Committee