Toys for Tots begins 2020 Christmas assistance
United Way and the Marine Corps League of the Shoals is holding registration for Toys for Tots beginning Oct. 30 and continuing through Nov. 14. Registration will take place at the Tractor Supply parking lot in Muscle Shoals and the Academy parking lot in Florence, every Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon, by appointment only.
To qualify for assistance for Toys for Tots:
- Applicants must not have registered for another Christmas assistance program
- Children must be 12 years old or younger
- Applicants must bring Social Security cards for all members of the family, as well as one other form of ID, such as a driver’s license, Medicaid card, Medicare card, birth certificate or immunization card, for every member of the family.
- Applicants must show proof of income, such as a copy of a current check or current check stub. A letter of benefits will be acceptable if receiving SSI or Social Security. If there is no current income in the household, applicants will be asked to explain.
- Applicants must bring proof of residence such as a copy of a current utility bill, rent receipt or letter from a landlord.
To schedule an appointment to register, call United Way’s 211 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Parents should not bring children to registration. Registrants will be required to wear a mask and observe social distancing guidelines.
To donate to Toys for Tots, visit one of the registration sites or call 256-415-7286.