Why I Love Franklin County: Leah Mansell
Leah Mansell is married to high school sweetheart Drew Mansell, an equipment operator at Constellium, and they have two daughters: 6-year-old Livi and 2-year-old Lila. Mansell serves as Franklin County administrator, and she is a 2006 Russellville High School graduate, with a bachelor’s degree in business administration from UNA.
- How long have you lived in Franklin County?
I have lived in Franklin County my entire life.
- What does your role as county administrator entail?
I work with the county department heads on their budgets, oversee the County Commission office and work with the chairman and commissioners on grants and other county issues.
- How did you choose your job, and what do you enjoy about it?
My mother worked in the Commission Office for 10 years doing payroll, so when I had an interest in accounting and there happened to a job available, it seemed like a natural fit. I love working with numbers and am very organized.
- What are your favorite Franklin County restaurants, and what do you like about each of them?
There are so many, but Daily Bread’s cheeseburger and nachos from Rancho Viejo would be my favorites.
- Why do you love Franklin County?
Because it is home! My family is here, and there is no other place I would rather be.
- Favorite hobby: Reading and spending time with my family
- Favorite food: Chocolate
- Goal or ambition: To be able to travel more around the country and hopefully overseas, especially to visit Yellowstone National Park
- Church: Currently looking for a new church home
- Something people might not know about me is: I love to organize