PC Dixie Youth baseball returns
The Phil Campbell Dixie Youth baseball programs finally get to hit the field and return to play.
Most youth baseball and softball activities have been cancelled this year because of the coronavirus; the Phil Campbell league, however, has made an effort to get a few games in.
Baseball will be played this summer. Softball and Tiny Tots will have to wait until August.
“We FINALLY get to play baseball tonight!” announced the program’s Facebook page. “We’re all very excited to watch our kids play but please remember to follow social distancing guidelines! Listed below are a few new guidelines. Please be patient with us as all of this is new and we’re trying our best to keep you and your kids safe!”
A short, five-week season began June 15 and runs to the second week in July. Games will be played on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Teams from Belgreen and Russellville will be playing in the league this summer.
Organizers said softball will likely start back in mid-August.
New rules include:
- Bring your own chairs. Bleachers are still closed.
- Sit with your family and allow space between each group.
- If you’re not feeling well or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, stay home
- Masks are not required but recommended.
- Parking spaces around each field are available for anyone who is immunocompromised. Those who need assistance should message or call ahead.
- The concession stand will operate two windows, one to order/pay and one for pickup. Be kind and patient with the workers.