GEORGIA SPECIAL CAKE
Looking for a fresh and fruity treat to serve up this spring? Cindy Coan’s Georgia Special Cake just might fit the bill. Elevate a boxed cake mix with a few extra ingredients to bake up a confection to tempt any sweet tooth.
1 Duncan Hines butter recipe cake mix
1 (6oz.) can mandarin oranges, undrained
1/2 cup oil
For the icing:
1 large box of instant vanilla pudding
1 large can crushed pineapple
1 (9 oz.) Cool Whip topping
- 1. Mix cake ingredients together approximately two minutes.
- 2. Bake at 350 degrees about 30 minutes in two round cake pans that have been greased and floured.
- 3. While cake is baking, prepare icing by mixing instant pudding and pineapple and then refrigerating.
- 4. When cake is cool, add Cool Whip topping to pudding and pineapple mixture.
- 5. Frost cake and refrigerate.