RCS approves requests, personnel changes
In a short summer meeting June 27, the Russellville City School Board of Education took care of a few financial and personnel matters as faculty and staff continue to prepare for the looming 2019/2020 school year.
Among items of note at the meeting came the announcement that Russellville City Schools will implement Provision 2 for 2019-2020 to continue to provide free breakfast and lunch to all students. Child Nutrition Program director Elaine Vaughn said the system is currently taking the necessary steps to meet the criteria for qualifying under Provision 2.
The board also approved these CNP Agreements:
1. To provide after-school snacks for the Chucky Mullins Center and Ralph Bishop Center After-School Care Program.
2. To provide breakfast and lunch to the Special Programming for Achievement Network Department of Youth Services at the First United Methodist Church in Russellville.
3. To provide breakfast, lunch and snack to Head Start.
Among the consent agenda items was the monthly financial report for May. Expenses included items like a new heat pump for the cosmetology classroom, items for the Pre-K playground and strategic planning software, along with the board’s monthly bond payment and monthly SRO payment to the City of Russellville.
The board approved a bid for helmets, selecting the lowest bigger, Schutt Sports, in the amount of $22,821. 75.
The board also approved the following facility use requests:
- RMS gym – requested for an alumni basketball game Aug. 1 to benefit the RCS basketball program
- RHS softball facility – requested for the Tiny Tiger Softball camp July 8-9 to benefit the RHS softball program
- RHS football stadium – requested for Kids Camp June 29 to benefit the RHS soccer program
- RHS softball facility – requested for a tournament July 27 to benefit the RHS softball program
- RHS football facility – requested for Team Camp July 26 to benefit the RHS football program
- RHS football facility – requested for youth camp July 22 to benefit the RHS football program
Personnel changes approved by the board are as follows:
- Resignations: Trina Franklin, teacher at RHS, and Wes Pouncey, assistant principal at RHS, both effective June 30.
- Retirement: Vickie Cagle, CNP worker, at RMS, effective July 1.
- Employment: Meredith Hill, teacher at WES; Barry Reach, science teacher at RHS; Edmund Martinez, EL teacher at RHS; June Smith, CNP worker at WES; and Sarah Beall, CNP worker at RMS.
- Voluntary transfer: Judy Putman – from CNP worker at WES to CNP assistant manager at WES, effective 2019-2020 school year.
- Athletic consultants: Chase Gilmer and Jacob Wallace to be pro consults for the RMS Football Team.
- Employment in supplement: Cassie Goodwin, website coordinator for goldentigers.net for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Volunteer: Leann Strickland, RHS tennis
- The next regular meeting will be July 25 at 8 a.m., and work session will be July 22 at 3:30 p.m.