Red Bay’s The Little Stitch hosts craft classes for children, adults
With summer underway, there can be a need to find interesting ways to fill school-free days. The Little Stitch, 104 4th Ave. SE, Red Bay, is having an ongoing summer series of classes for children Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to noon, every week except for the Fourth of July week.
“Registration will remain open for all classes. If we need to, we will add additional dates and times,” said owner Jeffery Dick. “Children 2 and up are welcome. I say 2 due to the skill level needed for the activities. I am also offering adult sewing and craft classes this summer.”
All classes include light refreshments.
Upcoming classes for children include:
- June 19: Creating Sun Catchers
- June 26: Tie-Dye Shirts Without the Mess
- July 10: Painting Wooden Bird Houses
- July 17: Slime Without the Mess
- July 24: Wind Chimes
- July 31: Picture Frames
A “bonus” class for Tie-Dye Shirts will also be offered June 29 from 10 a.m. to noon.
Children’s classes are $10 each, or a season pass can be purchased for $60 to cover all classes. All materials and supplies are provided with the class fee. Adult supervision is required for children attending.
“With all of the classes, I think it allows each child to show his or her creativity,” Dick said. “It is a chance for them to do something away from a screen. I love working with kids and have done crafts with my nieces and nephews as well as with children at my sister’s daycare.
“I love the look on a child’s face when they are truly proud of an accomplishment,” Dick added. “There are so many rules in life; arts and crafts are a great way to have a bit of freedom.”
Other classes offered are geared toward adults but are also open to whoever is interested, Dick said.
Sewing With Friends is a free event where attendees are encouraged to bring their latest projects and work on them while enjoying each other’s company. Sewing with Friends is held every other Wednesday, from 1-5 p.m., with the the next two dates being June 12 and June 26.
Other classes geared toward adults include:
- June 15, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Sewing 101 ($30, materials included)
- June 17, 2-5 p.m. – Easy Pocket Pouch ($15, materials included)
- June 20, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Pillowcase Dress ($20)
- June 21, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Taggie Blankets ($15, materials included). Attendees will create small sensory blankets with different textures, a suitable gift for babies.
- June 22, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. – Applique 101 ($30, materials included)
- June 24, 2-5 p.m. – Bibs and Burp Rags (materials included)
- June 27, 10 a.m. to noon – Envelope Back Pillows ($20, materials included)
For more information, contact owner Jeffery Dick at 205-523-2689, firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/thelittlestitchredbay.