Toys for Tots holds 2016 Christmas Assistance Registration
Through Friday, Toys for Tots will be holding registration for Christmas assistance for Franklin County residents.
Toys for Tots and The Salvation Army Christmas assistance registrations are being held together again this year to make it easier on families seeking assistance. Each family will be asked to choose which program they prefer. Each family is only eligible for one Christmas assistance program. Since Toys for Tots only takes children up to age 12, families that have teenagers, might want to choose the Salvation Army’s program, which does accept teenagers (however, families must sign all children up with Salvation Army, not just the teenagers).
Sign-ups are taking place at 1518 Florence Blvd., Florence in the former Save-a-Lot building, behind Lauderdale Lanes Bowling Alley. Registration is open from 9 a.m. to noon and 1-3:30 p.m.
Applicants should bring with them:
- Photo ID, such as a driver’s license or state ID card.
- Proof of guardianship, like the child’s birth certificate, custody paperwork or anything that states them as the legal parent of guardian of the children.
- Social Security Cards for each child.
- Proof of Income, such as a check stub, bank statement, tax document or government assistance paperwork – anything that shows what the applicant’s income is.
- Proof of Residence, like a utility bill, lease agreement, deed, or any other document that states the applicant currently resides in the county.
For more information, call the United Way office at 256-764-5892 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Applicants should not bring children with them to the registration.