RCS holds monthly meeting
By Macy Reeves for the FCT
Jan. 28 Russellville City Schools Board of Education held its monthly meeting.
The meeting began by recognizing Kylee Grace Plott, the only seventh grader at Russellville Middle School to make All-State Chorus.
The members were then presented with two videos in honor of Board Member Appreciation Month. The board members were also given with gifts to thank them for the work they do for Russellville City Schools.
The board accepted all facility use requests:
- RHS Auditorium – On March 20, Calvary Baptist Church and other area churches will sponsor a community concert. Request by Scott Underwood.
- RHS Auditorium –June 25-26, Nery O. Pereira will host a Diocese Convention. Request by Nery O. Pereira.
- RHS Band Room – Feb. 27, the RHS Band will host Drum Major Innovations, a Drum Major Clinic taught by Ethan Lolly. Request by Gary McNutt, band director.
- RHS Cafeteria – Jan. 31, RHS basketball teams will sponsor a Lasagna Lunch as a fundraiser. Request by Jeremy Clemmons.
- Feb. 17 Russellville High School will host a blood drive through the Red Cross from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The next board meeting will be March 3, beginning at 3:30 p.m.