NW-SCC offers skills training
A number of short courses are now available that might be of interest to local employers for their employees to hone their skills, through Northwest Shoals Community College Training for Existing Business and Industry Department.
- Microsoft Word 2010 – Level 2: Feb. 9 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost is $125. This course is designed for persons who are able to create and modify standard business documents in Word, but need to know how to create or modify complex business documents and customized Word efficiency tools. Students will create complex documents and build personalized efficiency tools to manage lists, customize tables and charts, customize the formatting of a document using styles and themes, modify pictures in a document, create customized graphic elements, insert content using Quick Parts, control text flow, use templates to automate document creation, use the mail merge function, use macros to automate common tasks.
- Forklift Safety Certification: Feb. 10 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Cost is $125. Classes are certified by AIDT.
- Microsoft Excel 2010 – Level 2: Feb. 16 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost is $125. This course is meant for those desiring to gain advanced skill sets necessary for calculating data using functions and formulas, sorting and filtering data, using PivotTables and PivotCharts for analyzing data, and customizing workbooks. In this course, you will use advanced formulas and work with various tools to analyze data in spreadsheets. You will also organize table data, present data as charges, and enhance the look and appeal of work-books by adding graphical objects. You will use advanced formulas, organize worksheet and table data using various techniques, create and modify charts, analyze data using Pivot-Tables, Slicers, and PivotCharts, Insert and modify graphic objects in a worksheet, customize and enhance workbooks and the Microsoft Office Excel environment.
- ARC Flash Safety Training: Feb. 17 from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost is $150. This course is designed to provide comprehensive training to high-risk workers and management for the prevention of serious injuries from electrical hazards. Students will develop understanding of the NFPA, 70E and will be able to identify and reduce or eliminate electrical safety hazards in their work places.
- Microsoft Power Point 2010 – Level 2: Feb. 23 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost is $125. In this course, you will enhance your presentation by using features that will transform it into a powerful means of communication. You will customize the PowerPoint interface to suit your requirements and use features to create dynamic and visually appealing presentations. You will then finalize a presentation and secure it to authenticate its validity.
- Solidworks: March 8 and 10 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cost is $150. This course provides instruction in 3D Design Modeling utilizing the 3D capabilities of Solidworks software. Emphasis is placed on 3D surface and solids modeling along with the development of 2D detail drawings from 3D models. Upon completion, students should be able to generate 3D surface and solid models and 2D orthographic production drawings from created solid models.
- Forklift Safety Certification: March 9 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Cost is $125. Classes are certified by AIDT.
- Forklift Safety Train the Trainer: March 17 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Cost is $225. Classes are certified by AIDT.
For more information, call 256-331-5289 or 256-331-5289.