RHS cross country to make state run
At sectionals last week, Russellville High School Cross Country came away with some good news: one qualifying to run as an individual, and qualifications by the girls team, to compete at state.
Daniel Montiel finished ninth overall in the sectional and made All-Section Runner. He will compete at the AHSAA XC State Championship on Nov. 14 as an individual.
The Russellville High School Girl’s Cross Country team will compete in the AHSAA XC State Championship Nov. 14 as a team for the second year in a row, and in only its second year in existence. The team finished ranked tenth in 5A last season.
– Carley Seal finished eighth overall in the sectional meet and was an All-Section Runner. She ran a time of 21:42, which is her new personal record.
– Naydelin Romero-Momentey finished 11th overall with a new personal best time of 22:09.
– Tristin Thomas finished 19th overall, 23:03.
– Michelle Betancourt finished 22nd overall with a new personal best time of 23:25.
– Cecilia Juan finished 23rd with a new personal best time of 23:30.
– Haylee Hamilton finished 26th overall, 23:44.
– Katie Skidmore finished 27th with a new personal best time of 23:46.
– Keren Montiel finished 32nd with a new personal best time of 24:56.
– Kallie Allen finished 38th with a time of 26:04.
– Emily Bates finished 44th with a new personal best time of 26:49.