City council moving forward with road projects
The Russellville City Council voted Monday to move forward with road construction projects throughout the city.
The council agreed to enter into a contract with Williams Engineering Group, LLC for work on four projects.
The projects include the turn lane at the intersection of Waterloo Road and Summit Street, a turn lane at the intersection of Madison Street and Waterloo Road, the turn lane at the intersection of Underwood Road and U.S. 43 and for bridge construction on West Limestone Street.
In other business, the council:
• voted to pay 60 percent of the $49,260 owed to North Alabama Paving for work on the Waterloo Road and Summit Street turn lane project. The balance will be paid in full once the project is complete
• voted to pay James R. Hitt $125 and $85 for work on two separate projects
• approved an ordinance aligning the city’s polling places with those of the county for the Nov. 2 wet/dry election
• re-appointed Dick Tutich to the city’s water board
• approved a five percent raise for firefighter Robbie Richardson
• approved a five percent raise for assistant city clerk Joe Hamilton
• appointed Gary Smith as assistant street superintendent.