Quick and easy remedies
Franklin County Times
We all like time savers and easier ways to do things. We hope the following suggestions can be of help to you.
1. Drop cookies are a huge time saver for me. One of my favorite recipes is the Magical Peanut Butter Cookie. There is no rolling out or cutting out.
Just mix simple ingredients and drop on a cookie sheet.
1 c. peanut butter
1 c. sugar
1 egg yolk
1 t. vanilla
Mix and roll into balls, put on a greased baking sheet, and press with a fork. Cook for 12 minutes at 350.
2. Do you cook with Pyrex dishes? They are so handy but can be a mess to clean. When your meal is complete, emerge dish in soapy water and let stand overnight. It will be easy to wipe clean the next day.
3. Heloise in "Hint's from Heloise," has a great suggestion for a unique way to iron.
If you are away from home and have no iron, rub the wrinkled item back and forth over a heated light bulb and the wrinkles will be gone.
4. Some of us have copper pots or pans that have copper bottoms. If you have problems cleaning the pots try this suggestion. Cut a lemon in half, dip in salt and rub over entire copper piece. Rinse and buff. Also you can use ketchup.
Dab ketchup or tomato paste onto a clean cloth and rub on a copper piece. Completely rinse and shine.
5. When coring strawberries try this time saver. Use a drinking straw to core strawberries.
Press straw through the bottom of the strawberries center. Pull the core out. You don't waste as much strawberry when you do this.
6. When making deviled eggs, mash egg yolks and add other ingredients.
Place in a quart size zip lock bag, reseal and cut the tip off the baggy, and squeeze mixture into egg white. Throw bag away when finished. Easy clean up.
7. And now a suggestion from Maxine. Stop dusting and use your coffee table for a message board.
Have a good week.