• 72°

Comedian Chonda Pierce to bring Four-Eyed Blonde' tour to Meridian

By Staff
Meridian will be among the first stops made by award-winning comedian Chonda Pierce as she takes to the road on a 33-city fall tour.
Billed the "Four-Eyed Blonde" tour, the 2 1/2-hour show will be presented Sept. 18 at the Temple Theatre.
This housewife and mother of two, and a self proclaimed cross between a "nun and a Las Vegas show girl," has shared her comedy and tender story with hundreds and thousands of women 95 percent of which make up her audience. The other 5 percent, Pierce said, are "really secure men."
The tour will center around material from Pierce's recent "Four-Eyed Blonde" CD and video, as well as her self penned book, "I Can See Myself In His Eyeballs."
During her performance, Pierce talks about every day life with her unique way of leading an audience from a gut-wrenching belly laugh, to weeping streams of tears. She even sings at the piano for a bit.
Pierce also shares the intimate details of her life being raised as a pastor's kid, losing her older sister in a car accident, her pastor/father leaving the family and losing another sister to leukemia all within two of her teen-age years. Pierce uses this to encourage others and to bring hope that "no matter how dark the days may turn, laughter can be found again," she said.
More than one million people have witnessed her uproarious, yet uplifting performances. The Gospel Music Association's reigning "Grady Nut Humor Award" winner, Pierce has sold out Nashville's famous Ryan Auditorium and performs an average of 90 tour dates per year. Her videos "Chonda Pierce … on Her Soapbox" and "Having A Girls' Nite Out" are each certified gold and she has spoken and performed at more than 50 Women of Faith conferences nationally.
For more information, call 693-5353.

x