Apartment heavily damaged in fire
From staff reports
July 12, 2001
A fire early Wednesday morning at Highway Village Apartments destroyed the contents of an apartment.
Firefighters received the call at about 5 a.m. and responded to the blaze at 506 Front Street Extension.
Battalion Chief Andy Jones of the Meridian Fire Department said, according to the station's report, the fire began when an air conditioner plug short-circuited in the living room.
He said there was apparently no damage to adjoining units. No injuries were reported. Highway Village Apartments are managed by the Meridian Housing Authority.