• 75°
franklin county times

Local briefs

By Staff
June 22, 2001
Electrical malfunction likely cause of Meridian house fire
Meridian Fire Marshal David Henson said Thursday a fire that destroyed a home at 2902 Oak St. on Wednesday was likely caused by an electrical malfunction.
The fire started in a bedroom of the home. Henson said it could not be determined whether a computer or electrical games in the room were the source.
The owners of the home, Bob and Tammy Sterling, were not at home at the time of the fire, he said. Firefighters received a 911 dispatch at 4:50 a.m.
The house was fully involved when firefighters arrived at 4:56 a.m.
CWA boil water' alert canceled
The "boil water" alert issued June 11 for customers of Central Water Association in Philadelphia, North Pearl River Well Division, has been canceled. There are some isolated cases of high iron content in the system. This does not present a health hazard, however, and all bacteria and E-coli samples indicate that the water is safe. For information, call 656-6171.

x