• 50°

Father, daughter injured in Christmas Day fire

By By Marianne Todd/The Meridian Star
Dec. 26, 2000
LISMAN, Ala. A Christmas morning fire in this small town has left a father and his daughter critically injured.
Choctaw County Sheriff Donald Lolley said firefighters with the Butler and Lisman volunteer fire departments responded to the home of Mike Cook at about 8:30 a.m.
Holiday cooking was the cause of the fire, Lolley said.
Lolley said a man burst through the front door of the burning home and pulled Cook and his daughter to safety.
Lolley said does not know the daughter's name or age.
Cook and his daughter, who was spending the night at her father's home, were transported to the Delta Regional Medical Center's Burn Unit in Greenville, where they are listed in critical condition.
Details about the fire were unavailable from the Butler and Lisman volunteer fire departments at press time.
Marianne Todd is a staff writer for The Meridian Star. E-mail her at mtodd@themeridianstar.com.

x